Pretty great advice, no? “Do stuff.” Here’s what we mean and how doing stuff – even the wrong stuff – can be a great part of your wine shop marketing efforts. You’ll have more fun and make more money. [level-members]
So, when we say “do stuff,” we mean just that.
- Do stuff that gets people interested in coming into the shop
- Do stuff that you can write about on social media
- Do stuff that you can talk about to people already in the shop
- Do stuff people will be curious about
- Do stuff people will look forward to
- Do stuff and then do different stuff so people know they have to show up now if they don’t want to miss the good stuff
- Do stuff and then do different stuff so if the original stuff doesn’t work, it’s no big deal. You’ve got new stuff
What kind of stuff? In-store tastings, virtual tastings, bottle giveaways, tasting dinners, promotions with neighboring merchants, trivia contests, really interesting window displays …
In short, do any stuff you want with the goal of creating interest, creating urgency, creating a connection with your customers and prospective customers. And do enough of it so that you never feel that any one piece of it is a big enough deal that it not working out becomes some kind of disaster, real or imagined. If you’re going to fail, fail fast and move on to something more successful.